Green Yerba Mate, Also known as Paraguay tea and yerba mate; mate is an herb prepared from the leaves of a South America evergreen shrub. Rich in Caffeine, Yerba Mate is a great replacement for coffe.
- Cup Characteristics: Greenish and vegetative. Mate is rich in caffeine and was used as a caffeine beverage in Latin America before the advent of coffee.
- Origin: Parana, Brazil
- Luxury Ingredients: Green mate
- Infusion: Tending light and yellowish
- Caffeine: Medium
- Antioxidant Level: Very high
- Hot Tea: Bring water to a boil. Place 1 slightly heaping teaspoon of loose tea in the teapot. Pour the boiling water into the teapot. Cover and let steep for 3-7 minutes according to taste.
- Ice Tea: Place 1 slightly heaping teaspoon of loose tea into a teapot for each serving required. Using freshly drawn cold water, boil and pour over the tea. Cover and let steep for 5 minutes. Add hot tea to a glass filled with ice.
- Shelf Life: 10 years unopened. 2 years after being opened.