According to Chinese folklore, a pot of 100 Monkeys tea is purported to ward off evil spirits. Somewhat stronger than many other white teas - you don’t think a light tea would ward off evil spirits or monkeys do you? - 100 Monkeys produces a profoundly complex cup. The leaves can be brewed a number of times and with each infusion subtle changes to the cup can be detected. This is truly one tea that you will wish to appreciate over and over - whether you have got a monkey to get off your back or not!
- Hot Tea: Bring water to a boil. Place 1 slightly heaping teaspoon of loose tea in the teapot. Pour the boiling water into the teapot. Cover and let steep for 3-7 minutes according to taste.
- Ice Tea: Place 1 slightly heaping teaspoon of loose tea into a teapot for each serving required. Using freshly drawn cold water, boil and pour over the tea. Cover and let steep for 5 minutes. Add hot tea to a glass filled with ice.
- Cup Characteristics: Excellent new season flavor.The strength of the cup belies its white tea nature.White tea is acknowledged to be very high in polyphenols
- Caffeine Content:
- Antioxidant Level:
- Origin: Hunan Province, China
- Shelf Life: 20 years unopened. 2 years after being opened.